Please read - it will only take a few minutes and a little heart! And it will be much appreciated :)
See that little girl? Doesn’t she look so adorable? Happy, innocent, and carefree? This was taken about 6 years ago, I believe. Let me tell you about her.
This is my baby sister—not so much a baby anymore, I suppose, at 11 years old now. I’m going to leave out her name for her sake. Yeah, when she was younger, she was just like any other little kid, enjoying a blissful childhood, as you can see from the photo… But something changed. It was maybe around third or fourth grade, so several years ago, when I remember her coming home one day and telling me something that broke my heart. “I hate myself.” I think I cried myself to sleep that night. How the hell could an 8-year-old hate themselves? It was kind of incomprehensible to me at the time, but now, looking back, I suppose that was also around the age when I started developing my own insecurities, as well. But never to this extent…
She’d been bullied at school—nobody punched her in the face or stole her lunch, but she was teased, I guess kind of in the way you see the 15-year-olds cause drama in teen chick flicks.. girls who were her “friends” laughed at her behind her back, refused to play with her at recess, left her alone on the pavement. At school, she was surrounded by rich, tiny, and perfect blonde-hair-blue-eyed girls.
As she grew, her insecurities grew more noticeable, and I became increasingly concerned upon hearing her comments—“I can’t do anything right,” “I have no friends,” “I need to lose weight,” “If I eat that, I’ll get fat,” “I’m so stupid”… I was scared, and I still am, because if she’s thinking these things at 11 years old, what would happen when she got older? I began thinking the worst—I won’t list them here because it’d be pretty painful for me (not that writing all this isn’t) but you get the picture.
It hurts me every day to see her so vulnerable when she used to be so carefree. I’ve tried everything I could think of, from asking professionals how to help her with her self esteem, talking to my parents, to the little things, like texting her “I miss you”s from college. We’re 7 years apart but we have an amazing relationship. Sure, we have our sisterly disagreements, but in the end, I love her, and I find so much hope in knowing that she loves me and that no matter what, in the long run, she is the only person who will stay by my side the longest. She may be young, but she’s always been the one who was always there for me when not a single other person was. (and god, now I’m crying, how am I supposed to type when I’m crying?)
So to wrap up, I just have two requests to ask of you guys:
- My baby loves One Direction. Sometimes when she hears one of their songs her entire face lights up in a way that I otherwise haven’t seen in years. All I want is to make her happy in any way possible, and since it seems like One Direction truly makes her happy, I want to take her to see them in concert, because I want her to know and feel that she’s special and she’s loved and perfect the way she is. But the NYC show is sold out and I definitely don’t have the money to buy reseller tickets, and I would buy tickets for next year’s tour, but I most likely won’t even be home next summer. So the first thing I ask is that you please, please help me win this contest. I need as many clicks on this link (http://www.kiss108.com/common/shareme5/index.php?linkid=18735) as I can get, so if you would click it—one time, 3 times, or 50 times, every little bit counts—it would mean the world to me. The only thing is that you have to wait 15 minutes between clicks. And please, if you can, spread the link on facebook, tumblr, twitter, anywhere you can, if you’re willing. Thank you in advance, because I truly, truly appreciate it.
- Please reblog this post. I want this story to be told. I want people to know that this is a growing problem that’s occuring to younger and younger children—the teasing, the bullying, the insecurities. She’s not the only one. Keep that in mind; if you have younger siblings, watch out for them; when you come across other children, or especially when you’re older and raising your own, do everything in your power to encourage positive self-image. One person can make a world of a difference. Remember that.
just click the damn link and help this cutie go to a dang concert, dang it.
omfg please ;___;
you are the best sister, topherdick, the bestest sister. GOOD LUCK!!!!!
just click the link!
CLICK DAT LANK
- theonlyblueapple reblogged this from the-moose-with-a-wormstache
- the-moose-with-a-wormstache reblogged this from paintedpaw-pixel
- littlemissawkwardaquarius reblogged this from paintedpaw-pixel
- ask-dawnfire reblogged this from paintedpaw-pixel
- flashstuck likes this
- paintedpaw-pixel likes this
- paintedpaw-pixel reblogged this from quicksummary
- weareindeedbastards reblogged this from yukiballs and added:
- weareindeedbastards likes this
- oliveaubergine likes this
- s-0nata likes this
- pr1ncessleiaa likes this
- hogwartsinstituteofshadowpotters reblogged this from quicksummary
- cl0uis reblogged this from quicksummary
- yaysandnays reblogged this from fuckyeahaudioposts
- loyalty-honor-and-a-hobbit reblogged this from quicksummary
- killianhookes likes this
- kawaii-porcupette-empress reblogged this from amarasama
- the-awkward-angel reblogged this from masquradelink
- the-awkward-angel likes this
- iagonizedoverthisdecision-really reblogged this from paint-it-in-black
- the-soul-of-steam reblogged this from fullmetalfairytail
- panic-at-the-doctor reblogged this from fuwafuwa-panda
- ryoko-danni reblogged this from amarasama and added:
- paint-it-in-black reblogged this from wheresyourmoosedean
- lolitaclockwork reblogged this from ifuji-apple
- lolitaclockwork likes this
- mokanatwins reblogged this from ifuji-apple
- yukiballs reblogged this from vyingsavenly and added:
- ifuji-apple likes this
- ifuji-apple reblogged this from fuwafuwa-panda
- yukiballs likes this
- flamesofunknown reblogged this from just-some-random-nobody
- lt-colonel-spirit-elric reblogged this from general-teer
- general-teer reblogged this from fuhrerkingiroh
- just-some-random-nobody likes this
- just-some-random-nobody reblogged this from time-lady-starry
- fuhrerkingiroh reblogged this from graykimonos
- nevermore-nevermore likes this
- imwiththefbi reblogged this from jackfrostftw
- watsonisahedgehog reblogged this from graykimonos
- watsonisahedgehog likes this
- nevermore-nevermore reblogged this from vyingsavenly
- teal-tigers reblogged this from jackfrostftw and added:
- dahlala-land reblogged this from seencha
- another-beautiful-disasterr likes this